A lot of new stuff to report since our last update in March.
- During July 2011, every summit log with a photo that you add counts as one entry.
- Your entries are limited only by the number of summit logs that you add.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries.
Top 5 new things on peakery:
With over 180,000 new peaks from around the world, peakery is now a truly global resource for exploring the world’s mountains. To make it even easier to browse, we expanded the World Peak Directory to include sub-regions for every country in the world.
2. Incredible 3D Fly Around view
A whole new level of visualization.
For the first time ever, fly around a peak in 3D right in your web browser! It works for all of the 338,000 peaks in peakery. On every peak page is a small preview of the 3D fly around; to see it big click the ‘show bigger’ link. Requires an install of the Google Earth browser plugin (get it here) which takes just a few seconds.
3. Edit the info of any peak. We need your help.
4. Add missing peaks.
So you (and others) can claim them.
Even with 338,000 peaks, there are still many, many peaks not in peakery yet. The long-term goal is to include every peak in the world and we certainly need your help to get there. Just click the Add Missing Peak link at the top to submit a missing peak. We’ll review the submission and let you know when it’s approved.
5. Over 30 peak lists and counting.
Never run out of peak goals.
If you know of a peak list with wide appeal that we should add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other new stuff:
- 3 to 5x faster with a new database, load optimization, and other speed improvements
- Browse your claimed peaks on a fullsize map.
- When you click the Summit Logs tab, now loads 20 summit logs instead of 5.
- Search improvements: accepts foreign characters, accents, strips spaces and common words.
- Enabled mouse wheel zoom in all Google maps.
- Updated all peak descriptions to auto-update when data changes.
- Added a Summit log summary for every peak.
- Border peaks: peaks can now be in multiple countries and regions.
- Improved view of all member activity by timeframe and region
- More easily share your mountain experiences
- Ways to interact with other members