Announcing the all new peakery.com! A complete overhaul with tons of new features.
Claim the peaks you summit.
Explore and collect mountain experiences.
|Explore the most mountains on the web||Immersive peak viewing experience||Claim your bagged peaks||Your very own peak page|
|Featuring over 150,000 peaks from around the globe. Find peaks by browsing lists, maps, and photos.||Use peakery to envision your next peak objective with photos, trip reports, stats, and maps. Then get out there and bag it.||peakery is the place to log your summits. Add trip details, triumphant summit photos, and get summit badges. Try doing that in a summit canister.||Think of it as your summit resumé. Collect your summit history, see stats, and track progress on famous peak lists.|
Explore the most mountains on the web.
Browse them all.Easily browse over 150,000 of the world’s mountains in 3 different views: List View, Map View and Photo View. Or browse mountains by region in the Peak Directory.
Immersive peak viewing experience.
Second only to being there.
peakery gives you a better sense of each mountain with big photos, trip reports, peak stats, route info, and maps. Read the Summit Log to learn other peakbaggers’ experiences. Get a sense of the surrounding area by browsing the nearest and highest peaks. For example, check out Mount Everest or Longs Peak.
Look for an incredible feature in this area soon.
Claim your bagged peaks.
Get summit badges.
After you return safely from the summit of the latest peak, peakery is the place to share your summit experience. Add trip details, photos, route info, and who you went with. Then share your accomplishment with others on Facebook and Twitter. Every peak you bag earns you its summit badge. As you bag more peaks, rise up the peakbagger ranks as shown on the Peak Baggers page.
Your very own peak page.
A summit resumé.
Your summit badges, summit log entries, photos, and progress on famous peak lists from around the world all come together on your very own Peak Page. Add a short peak bio here to introduce yourself. Browse other peakbagger’s peak pages too.
What’s new (the comprehensive list):
- 70% faster than old version after a complete code re-write. Sooo much faster.
- New design and layout that’s more organized with less clutter.
- 2 new views to explore peaks: List View and Photo View. Makes it much easier to find peaks.
- Bigger map in Map View. Also upgraded Google Maps integration to latest version for faster performance.
- “Highest on map” feature highlighting the highest peak in Map View. A useful feature for peakbaggers.
- Easier summit logging. Also now add up to 3 photos per summit log.
- New sections on the 150,000 peak pages: STATS section showing elevation, rank in region, range, location, peak lists a part of, and who bagged by. HIGHEST PEAKS section showing highest peaks within 250 mi / 400 km; these are often very well-known and interesting peaks. ROUTES USED section showing most popular trails & approaches used.
- Summit badges! A unique badge for each peak. Collect them all!
- Completely revamped your profile page with: Map of peaks bagged, summit badges claimed, summit log entries, peak list progress, and comments. Expanded BIO section with ways to add your next peak goal, favorite peak, and links to your website/blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr pages. New STATS section that automatically shows your highest peak bagged, regions with most peaks bagged, and top companions.
- Better photo viewing in lightboxes.
- Improved email sharing abilities with Sharethis widget.
- More social peak lists. See who recently summited peaks in a list, in-progress leaders, and who finished. Also Peak lists are now organized by region.
- New Peak lists for the United Kingdom: Corbetts, Donalds, Grahams, and of course the Munros.
- New peak directory pages for states/provinces/regions for every country in the world!
- Support for Imperial and Metric throughout (user requested).
- HUGE peak photo on the homepage of the most recently bagged peak.
- See recent photos and active peakbaggers on the homepage. Click ‘more’ to see full page of the most recent photos.
- New About page explaining what this new site offers.
- An incredible new way to visualize each peak. It’s really awesome, can’t wait to show you.
- Enormous batch of new peaks.
- Improved photo viewing experience.